We’re 6 weeks into 2021 and if you’re like most people, you’ve probably felt like giving up a time or two on your new year goals. Maybe you actually did give up and you’re feeling like a failure. Well, I’ve got some good news for you sister —> YOU DON’T NEED A NEW YEAR TO START FRESH AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THIS JOURNEY IN YOUR OWN STRENGTH. In fact, you were never meant to. Every single day comes with a blank slate of opportunity for you to surrender and let God rewrite your story. Every day is a chance to lean into HIS SUPERNATURAL POWER and watch Him work in and through you!
So today I encourage you to put your YES on the table, claim scripture over your life, beg God for discipline and get a plan. Hard times are going to come, you WILL feel like giving up BUT if you go into the situation with scriptures to claim when the temptation to throw in the towel arises, the outcome will be SO MUCH DIFFERENT.
One of the number one questions I get from women is how do you keep your eyes on Jesus in your health and fitness journey? My top 2 tips:
1) Pray over your health journey asking God for discipline, joy and wisdom. Ask Him for direction in choosing what program is best for you and your body. News flash- He made you and knows how you work best!
2) Claim scripture over and throughout your journey. The Word of God is our sword sister! Pray it, claim it and speak it over yourself often.
Too often we try to compartmentalize our walks with the Lord. We invite God into our Sunday but not our Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We don’t invite Him into our office and workout space. We think He doesn’t care about those moments but let me remind you of
“For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.”
He cares about the details.
Here are some of my favorite scriptures to claim when you feel like giving up:
- 2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
- Psalm 3:3 But you, O LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who gives me strength.
- Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
- Ephesians 6:10- 20 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
- Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
- Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you.
- Isaiah 40:31 But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
- Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Praying the Lord uses these scriptures in your journey to encourage you to not give up!