In case you’re looking for a little after dinner treat, I thought I would share one of my favorite healthier cookie recipes. Since I was a little girl I have always loved no bake cookies, so when I discovered this version I was in love. These may not seem like a fall recipe to some, but for me they are! Warm, peanut butterrrrry goodness? YES PLEASE!
Let me know how you like them! Although they are “healthier” it still doesn’t mean you can eat the whole bowl, so watch yourself. 😉
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 small very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup or agave)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk (almond, skim, soy)
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Melt peanut butter and mashed banana together in a large skillet over low heat until fully melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and mix in the honey, cocoa powder, milk, oats, and salt. The mixture will be thick and fudgy.
- Drop cookie dough (about 2 Tablespoons per cookie) on the baking sheet, molding the cookie into desired shape.
- Press a few mini chocolate chips onto tops, if desired.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before enjoying.
Makes 22 cookies. Cookies remain fresh up to 10 days stored (covered) in the refrigerator.